OceanVirtuel

Le site des Régates Oceaniques Virtuelles

AccueilAccueil  FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  Connexion  

Partagez | 

Congratulations Brainaid

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
Rumble

MessageSujet: Congratulations Brainaid   Lun 17 Déc - 15:14

Hi Eddie,

Well done on another bullett. This race looked like it was very close up at the front, nice one.

Congratulations.

Rumble
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
tinouch

MessageSujet: Re: Congratulations Brainaid   Lun 17 Déc - 16:38

belle fin de course, bravo.
et dommage pour christophe sur son galop1 qui a sans doute manqué d'inspirations (?) et ou de chance sur les 2 derniers jours... à charge de revanche Wink

messsieurs ( et dames lol !), rdv à la prochaine leg et bonnes fetes de fin d'année à vous tous...
brainaid

MessageSujet: Re: Congratulations Brainaid   Lun 17 Déc - 16:51

Merci, Thank you!

The race was very close indeed. This was not an easy race and everybody had good and bad days. The race was won by making the smallest mistakes:

Right after the start most of the fleet went Northward and a lot tacked to Eastward at some point. Then on Wednesday morning it was turning North again to pass between Jamaica and Cuba on port and Haiti on starbord. I made my first mistake by tacking to North at Wednesday morning, 0600 GMT, one hour before the weather update. Too early, I had to tack back. This cost me about 2 miles to the leaders.

Next question was how to pass the Bahamas. Here was my second mistake. I took a wide swing to the west, hoping for stronger winds. This was ridiculed by Tuesdays weather update and I had to hurry back to put myself more eastward. Christophe on Galop1 got this part absolutely correct, as well as the first days of the race. He was more than 20 miles ahead at this point.

After this I stopped making mistakes. This helped a lot. Laughing

Passing the band of less wind spreading from north of Florida to Bermuda was very very difficult, searching for the right point to gybe first, then finding the spot in the little wind to tack. Patience, patience, patience. A lot of boats tacked to northward too early, this time Christophe on Galop1 was making his mistake. MEROU II was also one of the early boats to tack. This brought them ahead fast, but they where to fast in the West and go beaten badly yesterday. Christophe noticed this and moved more to the East, but to late. MEROU II searched for an extended lead, but finally got caught today in the morning. Many of the Mystics also took the option further west, this decided the team classification.

The above point was a lot easier for those coming late. Our boat Never give up just drove through there with the kite up following the turning wind. This helped the boats behind to catch up to the fleet again and made it all very close.

The passing of the fronts was very interesting. You had to go for speed, but also make way to luv. Hoisting the kite when the wind was below 30 nds and going for top speed when the wind was stronger under foc2 or foc3 was the solution. And this was really top speed, not VMG. The first zone of strong winds was caused by the front of the low over Terra Nueva passing, then there was a zone of a little less wind for the spinnaker. Next followed strong winds again from the trough. This trough was more stationary and we went into less wind again a few hours before the finish line. This was reaching before the wind with quite a few gybes.

I had great fun matching with our K3 from TYT and Lantern Rouge, which did not drive as the name would suggest Wink Galop1 and MEROU II are definitely the most looked at boats in this race, putting a lot of pressure on us. Congratulations to you, it was great fun racing with you.

Thanks and congratulations to everybody taking the lead in between or pushing us to work harder, coquedenoix was among them, BDS-TEAM and BDS-keep_coule and a few others.

About mistakes: Our ship Gleumes made one mistake at the start by getting off one hour late. This was the only mistake for him and he closed the gap to less than 18 minutes. It was an almost perfect race, just this one mistake...

I will not congratulate any team yet, just wait until the boats are in.

I enjoyed this race a lot, and I invite you all in the name of TYT to our party in the port of St. John's.
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://brainaid.de/people/ecd/
deepindex

MessageSujet: Re: Congratulations Brainaid   Lun 17 Déc - 23:16

Bravo Eddi und jetzt schon ein schones Weinachts fest und einen Guten Rutsch Wink
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://www.deepcity.fr
soufriere

MessageSujet: Re: Congratulations Brainaid   Lun 17 Déc - 23:41

Congratulations brainaid !
The race was very difficult. the boats were very close.
And we are sure now : you can make mistakes !
But, even when you make mistakes, you win Very Happy

Your analysis is very accurate. I think you win the race during sunday to monday night when all the other boats (included us on the BDS-TEAM) made small mistakes in strong winds.

See you on New York Lisbonne.
Congratulations to Gleumes too which was one hour late at the start...

And now, I accept one pint of Gleumes in order to taste. The same for the other members of BDS-TEAM
sinagot

MessageSujet: Re: Congratulations Brainaid   Mar 18 Déc - 0:23

bravo Eddie
j'ai apprécié l'analyse de ta course, il est bon que tu fasses des erreurs Very Happy .......cela nous permet d'être un peu moins ridicules. Basketball
A la prochaine course lol!

I appreciated the analysis of your race, it is good that you make some mistakes: D ....... it allows us to be a little less ridiculous. Basketball
To the next race: lol!:
brainaid

MessageSujet: Re: Congratulations Brainaid   Mar 18 Déc - 0:39

Thank you all,

now there will not be any surprises anymore, congratulations to the Mystic Team and to Team LEGF for the podium. The Mystics had a very good performance, but we (TYT) will do our best to let them get the title 3 consecutive times Wink

Congratulations to the Musel Team for their very strong start. This was nice.

Thanks to everyone else for racing!

And now the fun part: Here is some Gleumes:

Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://brainaid.de/people/ecd/
Galop1

MessageSujet: Re: Congratulations Brainaid   Mar 18 Déc - 9:25

Congratulations Eddie, bounce bounce

Your Analisys is perfect, my main mistake was in the N.E of Bermuda.
This race was very pleasant for me.

Congratulation for all your team, it's great.

RDV for the next LEG.

happy Christmas

Christophe of Galop1
MEROU II

MessageSujet: Re: Congratulations Brainaid   Mar 18 Déc - 11:36

Congratulations Eddie (and your team) for your victory.
Your analysis is very good.

J am glad to get my first top 10 place in RWC... Very Happy

Thanks for your sophisticated tool TYT vmg calculator which complete the OV vmg calculator. and for your classification board.

Appointment for the next race.

Happy Christmas.
Roc

MessageSujet: Re: Congratulations Brainaid   Mar 18 Déc - 12:26

Congratulations Eddie, and thanks for the Gleumes ! Well, can you tell me how to download it to MY glass confused

Very fine and accurate analysis of this leg (by your point of veiw of course).
I was very proud for the 2 first days of being very close to you, and sometimes faster santa
Unfortunately, I did the same mistake after the Bahamas and went very west (more than everybody, I think).
Too mutch ! I had to go near long island to catch winds when everybody was struggling with few winds, but going in the right direction !
Perheaps next time will be more favorable geek

See you on next leg !
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Congratulations Brainaid   

Congratulations Brainaid
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1