OceanVirtuel
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
OceanVirtuel

Le site des Régates Oceaniques Virtuelles

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment : -23%
EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G6 – Alimentation PC 100% ...
Voir le deal
77.91 €

Northern Sea Area Limit

5 participants
AuteurMessage
brainaid

brainaid

Northern Sea Area Limit Empty
MessageSujet: Northern Sea Area Limit   Northern Sea Area Limit Icon_minitimeMar 1 Avr - 14:40

Hi all,

I just noticed that the northern sea area limit is drawn at 26N. In the race instructions it says 17N. I do not know which one counts for getting the two hour penalty for leaving the sea area, so be warned.

This is mostly interesting for those who left Madagascar on starbord, and avoided this ocean completely. I myself find myself still south of the equator and all I know is that I should be able to cross it some time in April.

The hyper glide anti fouling is not designed for race tracks this short of wind, and now my ship has grown twice as heavy as on the start. Man, this is a slow race. I'm a speed junkie and I can't keep my heading straight in these conditions. Maybe this is the necessary spiritual cleansing you need before entering India, by my clocks tick different. Put 10 of these in the RWC and you've got me.

(Eddie down the hatch crying)

Note from the editor: This is just for the cameras, Ellen cries on every race and gets all the Sponsor's money... Wink
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://brainaid.de/people/ecd/
chucky_jll

chucky_jll

MessageSujet: Re: Northern Sea Area Limit   Northern Sea Area Limit Icon_minitimeMar 1 Avr - 16:37

Don't worry Eddie. We are only 6 boats in the Persian Gulf track, so the seventh place in the classifications is still free Cool Cool Cool
OceanVirtuel
Admin
OceanVirtuel

MessageSujet: Re: Northern Sea Area Limit   Northern Sea Area Limit Icon_minitimeMar 1 Avr - 20:43

Yes indeed,

3 days ago I changed the upper limit of the regatta from 17N to 26N.

On the RWC the limits are not made to exclude boats. OceanVirtuel shall provide the needed ocean to the skippers (except for the far south and north that are real ice limits). As many boats were going north it was visible that they could need water to perform their option. Therefore I gave water. In the same way i am ready to open the east limit of the regatta if needed.

This change from the committee happens while the regatta is on, as the rules enable it. This decision has been taken to keep its spirit to the Router World Challenge that should not be won by lawyers but skippers. Sorry not to have communicate on this change, it was obvious to me.

Best regards
Herve
http://www.oceanvirtuel.com
alphial

alphial

MessageSujet: Re: Northern Sea Area Limit   Northern Sea Area Limit Icon_minitimeMar 1 Avr - 20:51

OceanVirtuel a écrit:
Yes indeed,

3 days ago I changed the upper limit of the regatta from 17N to 26N.

On the RWC the limits are not made to exclude boats. OceanVirtuel shall provide the needed ocean to the skippers (except for the far south and north that are real ice limits). As many boats were going north it was visible that they could need water to perform their option. Therefore I gave water. In the same way i am ready to open the east limit of the regatta if needed.

This change from the committee happens while the regatta is on, as the rules enable it. This decision has been taken to keep its spirit to the Router World Challenge that should not be won by lawyers but skippers. Sorry not to have communicate on this change, it was obvious to me.

Best regards
Herve

Merci Hervé
c'est vrai que la cour était pas assez grande
vu la tournure qu'a pris notre jeu ouest-madagascarien

Thanks a lot Hervé
sure 17° north was a bit short for our west-madagascar game
(i should say gambling !)

Have a good windy night !
chucky_jll

chucky_jll

MessageSujet: Re: Northern Sea Area Limit   Northern Sea Area Limit Icon_minitimeMer 2 Avr - 15:58

The silent tricolore is now in the 16th position (gaining 20 positions each day). Of course, her followers all we have a great confidance on her and we win positions at a similar rate Cool Cool

But, I feel that the rest of the fleet have to be worried in the dolldrums. Or, have I missed something? Question Question
Bernd (K3)

Bernd (K3)

MessageSujet: Re: Northern Sea Area Limit   Northern Sea Area Limit Icon_minitimeMer 2 Avr - 16:08

chucky_jll a écrit:
…But, I feel that the rest of the fleet have to be worried in the dolldrums. Or, have I missed something? Question Question
No, no, everything is fine here. We slowed a little bit to swim around, play with the sea-turtles (dolphins are too quick) and enjoy life in this fu... indic.
brainaid

brainaid

MessageSujet: Re: Northern Sea Area Limit   Northern Sea Area Limit Icon_minitimeMer 2 Avr - 16:19

Anyway, this ocean is not a race track. And tricolore is avoiding the indic ocean alltogether. Is this in the sense of the regatta? lol!

That guy (girl?) is smart. After leg 8 I thought I had a tight follower to match against, now I must admit that she really has her own ideas, which are quite clear after analysis and show her great spirit. By now I have her on my list, and there will be some calms for tricolore ahead... This is all still open.

So much to match racing: The separation between tricolore and acra3 is currently around 1450 nm. Distance to finish is only 1000 nm. No control possible from either boat. Let the best nose win!

For myself it was a good day. I am in the 10s again. I was very worried yesterday. Depression is over. acra3 is through, let's go for the remains!
http://brainaid.de/people/ecd/
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Northern Sea Area Limit   Northern Sea Area Limit Icon_minitime

Northern Sea Area Limit
Page 1 sur 1