OceanVirtuel
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
OceanVirtuel

Le site des Régates Oceaniques Virtuelles

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Le Deal du moment :
Cartes Pokémon EV6.5 : où trouver le ...
Voir le deal

Overall Sandings

4 participants
AuteurMessage
Rumble

Overall Sandings Empty
MessageSujet: Overall Sandings   Overall Sandings Icon_minitimeJeu 29 Nov - 15:29

Although it is very early yet, does the early flier by Brainaid in leg 3 mean he has given up the No.1 spot to Earlhill?

The run in to the finish should be good.

Rumble Very Happy
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
deepindex

deepindex

Overall Sandings Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Overall Sandings   Overall Sandings Icon_minitimeSam 1 Déc - 2:20

Hi rumble

i was quite suprised about Eddie's route this time.

So far to the north ? Perhaps can Eddi give us some ideas about his choices this time ?
http://www.deepcity.fr
brainaid

brainaid

Overall Sandings Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Overall Sandings   Overall Sandings Icon_minitimeSam 1 Déc - 2:36

Oh well, there isn't much to say:

Both options (North and South) had the same Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA) at the start. Weather-Routing sometimes suggested North, sometimes South a few days before the start. It was constantly changing from one option to the other.

South looked more stable. North had more chances of separating from the fleet, i.e. better tactical position.

How to tell which one was right? - I took a good old navigator's tool and made my choice: I rolled those dice I have in my Sextant case (these are used for calibrating the mirrors, but you can also solve unknown situations with them).

My tactical strategy was correct, there where only a few ships following me in the North. Weather developed differently, so I lost too much way against the South during days 2 to 5 of the race. I was 650 nm behind. I could gain 550 nm back, so this was 100 nm too much.

As Klaus had some real sailing to do in Greece, I also have his Earlhill to my disposal, so I sent this ship on the other option. At least Earlhill gives me some confidence in my navigation skills. Wink
http://brainaid.de/people/ecd/
**SIRENE**

**SIRENE**

Overall Sandings Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Overall Sandings   Overall Sandings Icon_minitimeSam 1 Déc - 2:44

brainaid a écrit:
As Klaus had some real sailing to do in Greece, I also have his Earlhill to my disposal, so I sent this ship on the other option. At least Earlhill gives me some confidence in my navigation skills. Wink

Angeber! Wink Wink Wink Very Happy
brainaid

brainaid

Overall Sandings Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Overall Sandings   Overall Sandings Icon_minitimeSam 1 Déc - 3:13

**SIRENE** a écrit:
brainaid a écrit:

Definitely. Never underestimate the power of self motivation Wink
http://brainaid.de/people/ecd/
**SIRENE**

**SIRENE**

Overall Sandings Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Overall Sandings   Overall Sandings Icon_minitimeSam 1 Déc - 4:27

brainaid a écrit:
**SIRENE** a écrit:
brainaid a écrit:

Definitely. Never underestimate the power of self motivation Wink

lol! Very Happy
Contenu sponsorisé

Overall Sandings Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Overall Sandings   Overall Sandings Icon_minitime

Overall Sandings
Page 1 sur 1